Want to garner free publicity for your products or services? The follow Don Imus’ lead and make racist comments for all to hear and/or read.
This morning, CBS Radio is getting plenty of free publicity for their latest “shock jock”, Don Imus. ESPN is all over the story… blogs are buzzing:
- The Hollywood blog leads the parade with what has to be a tongue in cheek title “Is Don Imus Racist?”
- Eflux Media jumped to his defense with Don Imus Was Being Sarcastic Not Racist
- Hot Air has a blog post on Imus steps in it again?
- The Politico blog weighs in with A new Imus controversy?
- The Sirens Chronicle has her own DELICIOUS take on the remark at There you go. Now we know…
What do all of these posts have in common? They’re bringing Don Imus and his recent comments on his radio show to the forefront for yet another 15 minutes of fleeting “fame”.
Perhaps one of the Imus show sponsors is making noises about canceling… or perhaps the last book didn’t bring glad tidings for the show. Whatever the motivation, this kind of comment could NOT have been made accidentally. It was deliberate and it worked.
Everyone is talking about Don Imus today. It’s a great time to find a MORTAL BLOG ENEMY to really rack up the PR for your blog.
Want lots of free PR for your blog… defend Don Imus’s comments… or make a few of your own. (Note: Tongue is FIRMLY in cheek here!!!)